Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pedestrian dilemma


I brought my car this afternoon to Canadian Tire for some service in east Saint John. While waiting for the work to be done I walked around the area to visit a few stores. I realize now why so many people jay walk when going from Walmart to McAllister Place mall. To cross at a crosswalk one must walk along Westmorland Road at least 200 m in either direction. While many critics have pointed out that inconvenience is caused by the many traffic lights on Westmorland Road, a pedestrian activated crossing light would surely cut down on the amount of people compelled to run across five lanes to go from one shopping destination to another.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, Canadian Tire is the worst place to take your vehicle.

Second, we need an underground walkway between McAlly and Wally's World.

Custom Search



About Me

My photo
This is the account used for updating the Urban Plans for Saint John Blog.